PowerZeus vs. KINS is confusing. More research is required, but here are some notes:
- Some research at the time treated them as aliases of each other.
- The leaked source code is named "KINS", but only in archive names (e.g. KINS.7z) and GitHub metadata (e.g. repository names and READMEs).
- The leaked source code doesn't contain the "Kasper" logo.
- The leaked source code does contain KINS' base config virtual machine implementation (in configcrypt.cpp and configcrypt.h), but it isn't used or referenced outside those files.
- The leaked source code uses DllConfig::getCurrent (which is very DynamicConfig-like, including webinjects) instead of the more traditional Core::getBaseConfig.
- The leaked source code is version 184.108.40.206.
- Samples are version 220.127.116.11.
- Samples don't use KINS' base config virtual machine implementation, but DllConfig::getCurrent.